General Terms & Conditions
Individual Booking Terms
Bookings We reserve the right to only accept bookings of 2 nights or more. This typically only applies on Saturdays and other High Days and holidays. All prices are subject to change at no prior notice.
Cancellation charges are made if a guest cancels their booking within 48 hours of arrival or does not show up to the hotel without cancelling the booking. 100% of the first nights accommodation will be charged. We recommend that guests take out cancellation insurance in case of circumstances causing you to cancel or cut short your stay with us. Special terms apply to group bookings. Bookings of 4 nights or more are subject to a one week cancellation policy.
Credit card details will be taken and used to charge 100% of the first nights accommodation if a guest cancels within 48 hours of arrival. No deposit will be taken from 1/5/14
Major credit (Visa & MasterCard) and debit (Switch) cards are accepted, as well as cash or cheques (when supported by a current cheque card) only when paying a deposit for a wedding or paying for an organised group lunch. NOT hotel accommodation. Sorry we do not accept Diners Club or American Express cards.
Accounts may be forwarded to companies only if credit facilities have been agreed on booking. Credit terms – strictly 14 days net. On failure to pay an Invoice by the Hotel by the due date the management reserve the right to apply a surcharge of 2% per month
Rooms are normally ready after 2pm. You may leave your bags with us if you wish to arrive before this time.
Please vacate your room by 10:30am to allow us to service the room for new arrivals.
We have five bedrooms that are available to take dogs. They are all in the deluxe double or above category. Dogs are permitted in the bar, lounge, reception and garden and in the internal areas must be on a lead. Guests who leave barking dogs in the bedrooms will be asked to address the issue.The paddocks, which lead out directly into the Forest, are freely available for dogs to exercise etc. Please note that charges will be made for any damage or undue extra cleaning that is required. Dogs are charged at £5 per dog per night. A blanket, towel and treat will be provided on arrival. Please also note that the Forest is often very muddy, so please remember to bring extra towels etc. to clean and dry your dog before you come back in. Dog beds are not provided by the hotel.
Safety and Valuables
We cannot accept responsibility for valuables left in your room. We recommend that you use our safe deposit system.
Late Check out
Late check out is available on request (please note cannot be guarenteed in advance) the charge to check out of the room at midday is £20 per room.
If you leave property at the hotel it will be held for 30 days at the hotel. It is your responsibility to contact us and arrange correction. If you do not contact us within this time property will be donated to our local good will shop. We apologise that we cannot keep property indefinitely
Smoking & Vaping
THIS IS A NON SMOKING HOTEL. IT IS UNACCEPTABLE TO SMOKE IN BEDROOMS OR PUBLIC AREAS. GUESTS WILL BE FINED £100 OR THE COST OF THE ROOM FOR THE FOLLOWING NIGHT, WHICHEVER THE GREATER
You shall be liable to pay for any damage to hotel property that you, or someone in your party, have caused.
Woodlands Lodge Hotel will only be liable to the guest for injury to persons or loss or damage to property where and to the extent that it has been negligent but otherwise will be under no liability to them whatsoever. The terms of the Hotel Proprietors Act 1956 apply.
Corkage charges are made for “own consumption” beverages brought into the hotel
Although we do not have special facilities for children they are welcome.
The hotel uses CCTV cameras in the car park, reception, and bar. The reason for this is security of the property and staff. We will provide this footage to comply with police investigations and to sort disputes at the hotel. It is not our policy to give this footage to guests. Our footage automatically over writes itself.
Group Booking Terms
As for Individuals except:
Charges will be made on the following basis in the event of cancellation of part or all of the accommodation booked where we are unable to re-let.
6 weeks notice prior to arrival. No charge
4 weeks notice prior to arrival. 50% total anticipated charge.
2 weeks notice prior to arrival; 75% total anticipated charge
less than 2 weeks notice 100% total anticipated charge
Cancellation insurance is available and a proposal form will be sent to you on request.
Travel Agent Booking Terms
As for Individuals except:
Cancellation charges will be made where we are unable to re let the cancelled accommodation. The full amount will be payable if you do not notify us by 1pm three full days in advance of the day of arrival. Special terms apply to group bookings.
Horses and Ponies
We do not have any stable facilities at present.
Weddings are subject to individual terms and conditions plus specific wedding terms, below:
All prices are subject to change at no prior notice.
The hotel reserves the right to cancel a wedding without consultation – 21 days notice in writing to be given. All monies excluding deposit will be returned unless special terms and conditions agreed.
Re the Special Condition Summer discount for more than 65 day guests please note that this is on full price guests. Note this is not applicable to the BBQ option or Children
If bride and groom wish to cancel:
In the event of a cancellation between the date of booking until six months before your deposit will be forfeited. ALL £500 DEPOSITS ARE NON REFUNDABLE. If you cancel from six to three months before then 33% of the estimated cost will be payable. From three months to one month before the function 66% of the estimated cost will be payable. Then if you cancel in the last month 90% of the estimated cost will be payable.
We attempt to offer everything as per the brochure but reserve the right to amend as necessary without prior notice.
Weddings are special events and bespoke packages and special requests are important, we attempt to achieve these for guests but they are only requests and cannot be guaranteed and are subject to change/ amendment or revoked until confirmed booked in your proposal.
Special requests and externally organised requests and can also subject to the terms and conditions of the company organising such produce, skill or equipment.
The proposal forms the basis of your wedding and therefore these cancellation terms.
We strongly recommend that our wedding parties take out cancellation insurance in case of, for example, family sickness.
Booking your wedding is deemed acceptance of the Woodlands Lodge terms and conditions
Bride and groom to be responsible for all damages incurred
Terms and conditions as per individual booking conditions, However cancellation policy is different and deposits are forfeited one month before the package commences and cancellation within 1 month of the package commencing results in the full amount being charged.
This website is operated by Nortels T/A Woodlands Lodge Hotel. We take your privacy very seriously therefore we urge to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information about us and:
the personal information we collect about you, our users
what we do with your information, and
who your information may be shared with
Who we are
Nortels T/A Woodlands Lodge Hotel (‘we’ or ‘us’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, (ie we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information).
Information we collect
a) Personal information you provide to us
We collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
Credit Card details
Some examples of when we collect this information include:
To make hotel bookings
To provide hotel services
Ensure customer satisfaction
Mailing list subscription
b) Personal information you provide about third parties
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you:
shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data;
shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf; and
shall consent on their behalf to the transfer of their personal data abroad.
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer or electronic device when you access our website. Similar technologies include web beacons, action tags, local shared objects (‘flash cookies’) and single-pixel gifs. Such technologies can be used to track users’ actions and activities, and to store information about them. We use these cookies and/or similar technologies on this website.
information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. or www.aboutcookies.org
This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this information may be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
How we use the information we collect
We collect information about our users for the following purposes:
Primarily to Identify you and process your bookings with us. Conduct research, statistical analysis and customer profiling
Who your information may be shared with
We may share your information with:
Law enforcement and HMRC in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity and to operate our business.
To facilitate our business requirements we rely on a few other business’s to assist us- these are as follows:-
Website hosting and E mail marketing – Shotgun Front
Front of house booking system – Welcome Anywhere
Voucher software- Robo voucher
Review system- Review filter
IT support – Net Primates
**please note these companies have their own privacy policies and advise you to look into these if you are concerned.
We would like to send you information about products, services, offers, competitions and our business which may be of interest to you. Such information could be sent by post, email, or telephone.
We will ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages on the first occasion that you provide any relevant contact information (i.e. on purchase, signing up to a newsletter, entering a competition etc). If you do opt in to receive such marketing from us you can opt out at any time (see ‘What rights do you have?’ below for further information). If you have any queries about how to opt out, or if you are receiving messages you do not want you can contact us using the details provided below.
Keeping your information secure
We will use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure.
We are certified to ISO 27001. This family of standards helps us manage your information and keep it safe and secure.
However, while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
When you provided your personal information, or on occasion when you do so, you agreed that we may transfer your personal data to the following countries outside the European Economic Area:
THIS IS ONLY IN RELATION TO PURCHASING A GIFT VOUCHER- all other data is handled in the EEA.
New Zealand- servers in USA
These transfers will be undertaken for the purpose of
Rest assured that we will always ensure any transfer is subject to appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal data.
What rights do you have?
Right to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or it, please:
email, call or write to us (using the contact details below)
let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
contact us using the contact details below
let us have enough information to identify you (eg account number, user name, registration details), and
let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with
Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please:
email, call or write to us (using the contact details below)
let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone)
From time to time we may also have other methods to unsubscribe from any direct marketing including for example, unsubscribe buttons or web links. If such are offered, please note that there may be some period after selecting to unsubscribe in which marketing may still be received while your request is being processed.
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us by:
Woodlands Lodge Hotel
Calls will be answered at the following times:
Daily 8am – 11pm UK time
Public Wi-Fi Access Terms and Conditions
This agreement sets out the terms and conditions on which wireless internet access (“the Service”) is provided free of charge to you, a guest
Your access to the Service is completely at the discretion of the the Hotel (Woodlands Lodge Hotel). Access to the Service may be blocked, suspended, or terminated at any time for any reason including, but not limited to, violation of this Agreement, actions that may lead to liability for the Hotel, disruption of access to other users or networks, and violation of applicable laws or regulations. The Hotel reserves the right to monitor and collect information while you are connected to the Service and that the collected information can be used at discretion of the Hotel, including sharing the information with any law enforcement agencies.
The Hotel may revise this Agreement at any time. You must accept this Agreement each time you use the Service and it is your responsibility to review it for any changes each time.
We reserve the right at all times to withdraw the Service, change the specifications or manner of use of the Service, to change access codes, usernames, passwords or other security information necessary to access the service.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS, INCLUDING CHANGES THERETO, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE.
- that the Service may not be uninterrupted or error-free;
- that your device may be exposed to viruses or other harmful applications through the Service;
- that the hotel does not guarantee the security of the Service and that unauthorized third parties may access your computer or files or otherwise monitor your connection;
- that the Hotel’s ability to provide the Service without charge is based on the limited warranty, disclaimer and limitation of liability specified in this Section and it would require a substantial charge if any of these provisions were unenforceable;
The service and any products or services provided on or in connection with the service are provided on an “as is”, “as available” basis without warranties of any kind. All warranties, conditions, representations, indemnities and guarantees with respect to the content or service and the operation, capacity, speed, functionality, qualifications, or capabilities of the services, goods or personnel resources provided hereunder, whether express or implied, arising by law, custom, prior oral or written statements by the Hotel, or otherwise (including, but not limited to any warranty of satisfactory quality, merchantability, fitness for particular purpose, title and non-infringement) are hereby overridden, excluded and disclaimed.
2. Acceptable Use of the Service
- 2.1 You must not use the Service to access Internet Services, or send or receive e-mails, which:
- 2.1.1 are defamatory, threatening, intimidating or which could be classed as harassment;
- 2.1.2 contain obscene, profane or abusive language or material;
- 2.1.3 contain pornographic material (that is text, pictures, films, video clips of a sexually explicit or arousing nature);
- 2.1.4 contain offensive or derogatory images regarding sex, race, religion, colour, origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition or sexual orientation;
- 2.1.5 contain material which infringe third party’s rights (including intellectual property rights);
- 2.1.6 in our reasonable opinion may adversely affect the manner in which we carry out our work;
- 2.1.7 are bulk and/or commercial messages;
- 2.1.8 contain forged or misrepresented message headers, whether in whole or in part, to mask the originator of the message;
- 2.1.9 are activities that invade another’s privacy; or
- 2.1.10 are otherwise unlawful or inappropriate;
- 2.2 Music, video, pictures, text and other content on the internet are copyright works and you should not download, alter, e-mail or otherwise use such content unless certain that the owner of such works has authorised its use by you.
- 2.3 You must not use the service to access illegally or without authorization computers, accounts, equipment or networks belonging to another party, or attempting to penetrate security measures of another system. This includes any activity that may be used as a precursor to an attempted system penetration, including, but not limited to, port scans, stealth scans, or other information gathering activity.
- 2.4 You must not use the service to distribute Internet Viruses, Trojan Horses, or other destructive software.
- 2.5 The Service is intended for the Hotel guest use only. Access to this Service must not be used for commercial activity.
- 2.6 We may terminate or temporarily suspend the Service if we reasonably believe that you are in breach of any provisions of this agreement including but not limited to clauses 2.1 to 2.5 above.
- 2.7 We recommend that you do not use the service to transmit or receive any confidential information or data and should you choose to do so you do so at your own risk.
3. Criminal Activity
- 3.1 You must not use the Service to engage in any activity which constitutes or is capable of constituting a criminal offence, either in the United States or in any country throughout the world.
- 3.2 You agree and acknowledge that we may be required to provide assistance and information to law enforcement, governmental agencies and other authorities.
- 3.3 You agree and acknowledge that we will monitor your activity while you use this service and keep a log of the Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses of any devices which access the Service, the times when they have accessed the Service and the activity associated with that IP address
- 3.4 You further agree we are entitled to co-operate with law enforcement authorities and rights-holders in the investigation of any suspected or alleged illegal activity by you which may include, but is not limited to, disclosure of such information as we have (whether pursuant to clause 3.3 or otherwise), and are entitled to provide by law, to law enforcement authorities or rights-holders.
4. Other Terms
- 4.1 Under no circumstances will the Hotel, their suppliers or licensors, or their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and affiliates be liable for consequential, indirect, special, punitive or incidental damages, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable, based on claims of the Guest or its appointees (including, but not limited to, unauthorized access, damage, or theft of your system or data, claims for loss of goodwill, claims for loss of data, use of or reliance on the service, stoppage of other work or impairment of other assets, or damage caused to equipment or programs from any virus or other harmful application), arising out of breach or failure of express or implied warranty, breach of contract, misrepresentation, negligence, strict liability in tort or otherwise.
- 4.2 You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Hotel and its suppliers, licensors, officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates from any claim, liability, loss, damage, cost, or expense (including without limitation reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or related to your use of the Service, any materials downloaded or uploaded through the Service, any actions taken by you in connection with your use of the Service, any violation of any third party’s rights or an violation of law or regulation, or any breach of this agreement. This Section will not be construed to limit or exclude any other claims or remedies that the Hotel may assert under this Agreement or by law.
- 4.3 This Agreement shall not be construed as creating a partnership, joint venture, agency relationship or granting a franchise between the parties. Except as otherwise provided above, any waiver, amendment or other modification of this Agreement will not be effective unless in writing and signed by the party against whom enforcement is sought. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable, in whole or in part, such holding will not affect the validity of the other provisions of this Agreement.
- 4.4 The Hotel’ performance of this Agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this Agreement shall waive or impede the Hotel’ right to comply with law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of this Service or information provided to or gathered by the Hotel with respect to such use. This Agreement constitutes the complete and entire statement of all terms, conditions and representations of the agreement between you and the Hotel with respect to its subject matter and supersedes all prior writings or understanding.
By agreeing to the terms of service, I confirm that I accept these terms and conditions as the basis of my use of the wireless internet access provided.